Meet Your Vigo County System of Care
We work together to better the lives of youth and families in our community!
OUR DRIVING PRINCIPLES
Communities will come together to support the mental wellness of young people in the interest of building resilience and hope for families.
• Feel empowered to develop a collaborative system of care that meets the unique mental illness and substance use treatment and support needs of their families. Each community’s system of care will be built upon a foundation of family strengths, local provider expertise and community resources.
• Create a coordinated, comprehensive network of services and supports that are youth-guided and family-driven, easily accessed and uniquely tailored to meet the needs and preferences of youth and families.
Families will . . .
• Believe they can easily access mental illness and substance use treatment and support services that are provided in a cohesive, coordinated way that reduces service silos between providers, addresses and works to eliminate experiences of isolation and increases hope for the future.
• Feel important, valued, understood and an integral part of their family member’s journey of care.
Youth will . . .
• Feel fully engaged in leading their plans to wellness.
• Know about, seek and receive community-based services and supports that are available to meet their challenges, enhance their strengths and improve the quality of their lives.
WHAT WE DO
What is a System of Care?
System of Care is the connecting of all service delivery systems for youth and their families. Its purpose is to incorporate a broad array of services and supports organized into a coordinated network. It is culturally and linguistically competent. It builds meaningful partnerships with families and youth at service delivery, management, and policy levels. The goal of the System of Care for Vigo County is to bring together as many youth and family serving organizations as possible so that we are all at the same table identifying needs for our community and filling in the gaps between services for families.
We want to work together in order to better the lives of youth and families within our community by communicating and collaborating with youth and family about challenges they face when navigating the systems in mental health as well as other agencies who provide these services to youth and families so that youth and families do not fall between the gaps. We aim to improve access to a full array of mental health and behavioral health services.